Thursday, June 25, 2009

We Willingly Signed Up for This...

but it still sucks.

Why couldn't we end up with one of the 'temporary' placements that lasts for months and months (or at least long enough to get certified by the state)?

Little N met her concurrent planning placement family today.

They have a 7 year old son (which totally makes me want to scream "THEY ALREADY HAVE ONE! LET US KEEP HER! IT'S NOT FAIR!). Good thing I'm at work.

She was, of course, an absolute angel. Granted she doesn't know yet that she will be moving in with them.

The transition meeting is tomorrow at CPS while she's visiting with her mom.

We probably have less than a week left of having her in our home.

I took her to the fair yesterday.

It was her first time.

She kept coming back to the bubbles. Isn't she just adorable?

She had ice cream and got to listen to Josh Gracin's band practice for that night's concert (I missed it for a very good reason - tune in tomorrow).

She won a couple of toys, which Scrat promptly tried to confiscate after we got home.

Then we went home.

Knowing she's leaving hurts a lot.

But we signed up for it. And we have to deal with it as best we can, because we don't want to stop fostering.

We are strong enough for this. But it's yet another of those situations where you wish being strong wasn't necessary.

5 comments:

Kara said...

What a gift! You have given her so many "firsts" in such a short window of time. No one can ever change that and whether she will be able to verbalize it or not-she will never forget you.

On a limb with Claudia said...

There are people I knew when I was that age. I don't remember their names. But I would not be sitting here without them.

The gifts you give do not disappear. They will be there always for her.

Bless you for caring so much.

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry you can't keep her. But you've done a wonderful job getting her on the right track, and every child that comes into your life from now on will get that same loving care.{{{hugs}}}

Kandi said...

I am sorry that this hurt, but I am glad for you and her. Both parties have gotten something very special from this. She got many firsts, and Love. And you guys got to share the Love that you have. That is a wonderful gift to give. And to be able to give it freely is just awsome.
Me

perpstu said...

I'm so sorry she has to go, but I am so happy for her that you got to be her transition family. I can't imagine someone who would have been able to provide a warmer, more loving environment. ((HUGS)))