It was set. The transition plan was formed up last Friday. Little N was supposed to spend most of this week with her new concurrent planning family, with the final drop off happening on Thursday, July 2nd at 2 pm.
I put in to have the day off.
We planned some fun things for the weekend and intended to include the new family.
Slugbo called the family first thing Saturday and found out that everything was placed on hold.
Excuse me? Hunh? And we had to find out from them because.... Whatever. Sigh.
It appears that Mom wasn't very smart to bring little N's little sister, T, back into the country with her after her visit to Mexico.
Social Services intended to pull T over the weekend. The new family wasn't sure they wanted two more kids, rather than one. So we were waiting.
We took N to the fair on Saturday (after most of the heat of the day passed). Spent part of Sunday melting at the Pacific Coast Air Museum (she likes planes the little tomboy).
This morning we waited for the phone calls. Little T did get pulled over the weekend and placed in an EFH in Petaluma. The new family decided they don't want two siblings. Everything is on hold.
So we get little N for who knows how long. We aren't approved for 2 yet, but we are trying in the hope that little T can come to us since we think it will be better for both girls.
Yes we know that can come back to bite us and they might pull N and T both and put them in a separate EFH that can take both of them.
I met little T today at lunch time and Slugbo brought N down for a play date with her sister.
This is so hard for N. I watched her go into shut down mode. She wasn't happy when Slug put T on his lap to show her the pictures their mom gave N (she is his shadow). So N climbed in mine (a poor second mind you). Though she said she was glad to see her sister, all the emotion was on T's side and she was VERY happy to see her big sister.
The next few days should be very interesting. I expect a few meltdowns.
Now to learn some Spanish since that is all that Little T speaks.
BTW We get to take Little N camping at the Delta for July 4 weekend. If the original plan had happened, she would have missed it in spite of us pretty much begging that she get to go just for the weekend.