Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday

Having spent 15 hours in a car with nothing but a dog for conversation leaves you plenty of time for thinking. Too much time.

So I came up with the brilliant idea (ha - I've been awake for 40 hours so pardon the delusions) of Thoughts for Thursday.

My iPod saved my sanity on this trip, and my new Griffin FM transmitter with autoscan and the fact that my husband fixed my radio so I can actually SEE what station I'm on (and the fact that leaving at 10:00 at night meant I missed traffic in San Francisco, LA and Phoenix).

One of the songs that I ran through was LeAnn Womack's 'Forever Everyday'

**********
I knew this kid, his name was Michael
He was only four years old
We sat on a rock and started talkin'
And he told me things I didn't know
He said yesterday he was an Indian
And how he played with buffalo
Well, I got a sense that he had been there
And he made me really wanna go

Remember waitin' all year for December
Thought God was cryin' when it rained
And that the stars were fireflies
Dreams were real and big as life
It was forever everyday

I was tuckin' in my little girl
She held my hand and we said a prayer
I prayed, "Bless Grandma with the angels."
And she said, "Hey Mom, she's standin' over there."
Well, I couldn't see her but I don't doubt it
Maybe 'cause I'm older and less wise
What if Heaven’s all around us
But only seen through children’s eyes

Remember waitin' all year for December
Thought God was cryin' when it rained
And that the stars were fireflies
Dreams were real and big as life
It was forever everyday

They say when you're old you're a child again
But do we have to wait 'till then

Remember waitin' all year for December
Thought God was cryin' when it rained
And that the stars were firefliesD
reams were real and big as life
It was forever everyday
Forever
I knew this kid his name was Michael
**********

It made me wonder just what would we be able to see if we would just take the time to look and believe.

With my physics degree I know what stars actually are, but I wish I could see them as fireflies again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I could go back to seeing this world through a childs eyes. I remember it used to be magical and in some moments, it still is. Thank you for your beautiful post.