Friday, September 28, 2007

Sadness and Joy

Hovering somewhere in between.

Most of the people that regularly read this blog (and let me know they do) know that we have been trying to add the pitter patter of little two legged feet (no not the birds though I want some) to the Villa for a couple of years now. Without success.

There have been procedures and surgeries and more procedures to no avail. While we haven't given up,
we may be taking a step back for a little bit to figure out our next course. Foster care is an option, adoption is as well. Being adopted myself and being a birthmother, I believe I have a unique perspective to offer on that front. Perhaps we shall complete the triangle.

So yes I'm down a bit. We had an ultrasound last week for a different situation and it indicated that this month MIGHT be different, so it's doubly hard right now. But on the flip side, I can hopefully get the other situation taken care of before an actual pg gets in the way of any potential treatments.

The joy comes from knowing that I have good friends that are rooting for us. As well as friends that let me play with their children and sometimes let them stay for sleep overs so I get my baby fix. There is a reason I own a portable crib and a ton of quilts and baby clothes and cloth diapers and pacifiers and baby bottles and spoons and bowls and...

Okay, I may just be a little too prepared.

Admittedly it hurts when I find out another family member, c
olleague or friend is expecting, but I can be happy for them at the same time. Generally because it means I get to make them something.

Speaking of which. I finally finished the booties for my co-worker Phillip and his darling new daughter. She's only 2.5 months old. They'll still fit. I think. I hope. The pattern is really stretchy. We shall see.

Cat Bordhi's Baby Life-Ring Socks in Koigu. Done using two circs (3.25mm I think), worked both booties at the same time. This is the closest I've gotten two items to the same size ever on circs.

Now to get them to him since he doesn't work in my office.

Have a wonderful weekend. My house is clean and neat and more importantly staying that way. We have a friend coming to visit from out of town that will stay in the RV, which is NOT clean, so I have to prep that this weekend. But an RV - even our monstrous 35' Dream Machine - is a heck of a lot easier to clean than a whole house.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You mentioned that "Foster care is an option, adoption is as well. Being adopted myself and being a birthmother, I believe I have a unique perspective to offer on that front."

I'm a former foster child and current child advocate.

I wish you the best in whatever you decide.

Lisa
http://sunshinegirlonarainyday.blogspot.com/

Romi said...

I'm definitely rooting for you! And hope to see you tomorrow?