Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Must run faster

darn still got tagged.

Though I truly don't mind, since I like Susan. However, since I JUST got tagged with this last month I shan't be passing the tag forward.

THE RULES:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

7 more random or weird things about me

A. If I know the number of stairs in a set, I will start the span so that I finish with my right foot. If I don't know the number I'll count and remember it next time. This was lots of fun castle climbing in Germany. Drove my mother nuts.

B. I was a counselor for Space Camp in Huntsville Alabama for many years. I lived in the Hab when Chelsea Clinton was a campee during her father's presidency. I risked the wrath of the Secret Service agents one night because they (Chelsea and her roommates) were in the room NEXT to mine and were making WAY too much noise (without my hearing aids I could hear them through the wall). I was working double shifts, up at 5 am bed at midnight, and had to tell them to hold it down (I was very nice about it). I remember heading to the shower one morning to find a SS agent on the floor watching her room (and therefore mine) while building a model rocket. This also means I am quite adept at corralling any number of children between the ages of 6 and 18.


C. My undergraduate research was in Astronomy and Astrophysics, with an emphasis on Dark Matter. But in addition to my BS in Physics, I also have a BS in Computer Science. I do not consider myself exceptionally smart, just exceptionally stubborn. An early physics professor I had told me women had no business in the sciences. I basically told him to KISS. MY. A* and I got my degree in 12 quarters, which was unheard of for a major science BS degree.

D. I played the saxophone in the 6th grade until they were willing to realize what I already knew, my tone deafness was in equal proportions to my hearing deafness. :-)

E. I lived in Germany for 7 years growing up and used to be fluent in German. You'd be surprised (not) at how many people are not willing to talk German to an 8th grader in Alabama. Hehe So
I lost it and my hearing is preventing me from picking up the speech part of it again. No biggee. I want to learn how to read Japanese.

F. I am extremely shy in person. It took a lot to get me to the first knit group up at my LYS in Windsor and I wouldn't even speak to anyone in the group until my friend Taunya showed up that first day.

G. I have a fish that plays dead. Don't believe me? Check this out.

That little schmuck of a fish is our Clown Loach Fat Boy. Yes I know that's not a very PC name, but he almost starved to death after we moved and he has more than bounced back.

He will lay on his side in that spot in the tank until I walk up and yell at him ' You better NOT be dead young man! '

Outside of the meme, there has been knitting but I'll save the pics for later this week. Too much has been going on in my home life to really concentrate on it much.

No comments: