We had a really long meeting with him about
- what happened
- what could have been the cause for such a poor response (I know this one - I'm broken) to the meds
- what will be different next time
- what protocols we have to choose from
- why did he choose the one we are doing next (Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol) vs the Antagonist protocol
No I will NOT take the route of the woman in SoCal. UCSF standards call for 3 transferred for my age group. Their multiple rate is very low and I trust my doctor. I don't want a multiple birth. I just want one healthy baby, though I admit twins doesn't sound too scary.
If, when we get to the baseline portion of the new ride, it looks like I'm a better fit of the other protocol, my doc will stop the cycle and switch me over. I am prepared for this possibility since it will happen BEFORE I start all the shots this time.
Hubby also made it clear that the only doctor we are willing to see during this cycle is him. We know they are part of a practice, and it's a teaching facility and I have NO problem with Fellows seeing me with him. But every major medical decision we have to make this cycle will have his input. Period. Else we won't start until he doesn't have a planned vacation coming up for the extent of the cycle.
So the roller coaster ride begins again February 15th.