Monday, July 9, 2007

Where did my car go?

Reasons not to have direct access to the CCTV Camera system your husband installed to keep an eye on the place while we are on vacation (yes we will have a house sitter too, but that's not as much fun). I swear that thirty minutes ago it was parked on the other side of the driveway. Now it's GONE!

The next phase of construction on the shop addition to the garage started today. There is now a BIG honking huge pile o' crap in my front yard. How do I know? I can see it.

However, it appears that darling dearest just used my car to bring our utility trailer up out of the side yard to start loading said pile o' crap. So hopefully it won't be there for long. Actually now it looks like they are UNLOADING stuff out of said trailer. (see I told you this was a bad idea)

I really must get the sound working on this thing. Wouldn't it be cool if it were bi directional and I could talk to hubby while he's out in the yard thus freaking out the contractors... "No that doesn't go there." "What were you thinking throwing that away?" "I'll give you $20 if you hide X in the pile too." ::big evil grin:: And boy could I torture the dogs when they are outside. Bwahahahaha!

Needless to say, things are very busy at the Villa (ha - if only it were a villa set smack in the middle of the Tuscan countryside) what with prepping for a vacation - anyone want to come clean my RV carpet? - and start a monster demolition on the garage so that we can get the new shop framed as soon as possible - i.e. before rainy season starts up again.

All interior work I believe will be finished by hubby honey and yours truly. I'm guessing he wants more than open framing and a concrete floor in there. ;-)

We spent most of the weekend clearing all the remnants of the retaining wall debacle of winter 06/07 - meaning 70 + bales of rotted decomposed straw - to which I'm highly allergic - have been removed from my side yard. It's flat again! And mostly rock free (those things multiply faster than rabbits). Lots of play area for the mutt boys.

It was long weekend of dump runs (thank goodness for dump trailers that are available for rent). But all old concrete fence support posts are gone. The final remains of the old dog run are bye bye and a lot of brush and debris that got rake up with yet MORE ROCKS. Oh and one major ant colony - queen and all - I saw her. Now if we could just get all the spiders to relocate....

On a knitting note. No further progress made on the booties, and the little darling they are for made her appearance this morning. Yep - gonna be late. The crocheted item from last week has not gotten any bigger. But I did manage a 1/3 of a row on a sock while waiting for dinner from Carl Jr's Saturday night.

Next week is vacation, so I hope to maybe at least finish the booties while we are on the road. Mutt #2 and Mutt #3 are staying home (aka Oscar and Scrat, aka the monster shedders) and Cliff the Mutt gets some quality one on one time with Mom and Dad.

Lake Shasta (jet skiing), the Rogue River (more jet skiing) and Redmond, Oregon (The Rally - big RV rally) will be host to us and about a billion other people. Should be fun.

Hands off the stash while I'm gone ladies. ;-)


1 comment:

Romi said...

Have a great time on vacation. :)