Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's Official

We got our first Foster Placement Monday afternoon.

A little three year girl, who is adjusting as best as can be expected give her situation and the fact that we are total strangers to her right now.

She's scared of dogs (sigh) and isn't too thrilled with the cats but she's taking it in stride.

Love NickJr and coloring. Disney movies! Ha I knew I'd finally be justified in buying all of them. lol

Slugbo's dentist is seeing her this afternoon as a favor.

And we are teaching her how to use a computer. Yes, seriously.

She's probably a short term placement based on her situation, but it gives us a chance to see how well we can adjust to this.

So here we go. Wish us luck.

10 comments:

Cookie said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

yay! Hope it goes well for you with this little one. And maybe she'll learn that dogs are alright while she's with you.

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Awesome. She's a lucky girl, having you, even if it's just for a short time.

I had a neighbor whose son was very much afraid of dogs and given his experience, justafiably so. He was about 4 at the time. My dog was super gentle and he grew to love her to a point where he'd call up to see if she could come over to play. Hopefully one of your little guys will win her heart in a similar way!

Good luck!

XO

Tiger said...

That is awesome news. I wish you great luck!! :)

AlisonH said...

Wow. Cool. Go you guys!

Toni said...

Congrats! I'll add her and her fear of dogs to my prayers for you all.

Barb Matijevich said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you! And the little girl! Wow, this is exciting!

Leslie said...

Wonderful! She'll be just fine with you.

perpstu said...

I am so excited for you! Your dogs are cute and I am sure sweet, it may not be fear so much as something she's not familiar with. If she hasn't had dogs, they might be different and a little unnerving to her. I'm sure she'll be rolling on the floor with them in a week!

Karin in AL said...

Your little monsters are sweethearts. They will win her over in no time. Hugs to you and the little one. I am so happy for you.