Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fetchingly Fast

For the first time in my knitting career I have finished something in the time stated in the pattern.

I started it Friday night when I got home from work and finished the pair on Sunday around 11. And by finished I mean off the needles, not all the ends woven in. ::grin::

What do you think?

Yarn is:

Hot Pink from Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran

Gray from RYK Cashsoft Aran

Now you might be wondering who they are for.

Well I am having dinner with a friend tomorrow night who was kind enough (or crazy) to admire my knitting when she was at my house a couple of weeks ago and I told her I'd make her a pair of fingerless gloves.

I was totally thinking I'd make a repeat of my Mac n Me pattern, but let me tell you those don't knit up fast.

Hit knitty because I remembered this pattern was there.

I also grabbed it's mate for a friend at work that is kind enough to cart my handknits down to another office for me on a regular basis. I started them last night.

I figured if I got the pink pair done by tomorrow Great! if not no worries.

What's even better is they are the same size and I crossed the cables properly.

Speaking of cables. Something else I did on Saturday that I never do. I actually read one of the features on Knitty. I'm sorry Amy but I want the patterns.

However I was dealing with a client issue and needed something to read till he got back to me and hit the web site.

You must read Techniques with Theresa. Her cable article would have saved me a TON of time on the first glove. Woo hoo! No more cable needles for Jenn, which is good since the cat used the last one for a chew stick.

FYI, the only reasons I managed to finish those gloves by 11 pm Sunday night were

1. We watched The Wind and the Lion Sunday night and I apparently can do K4 p1 rib in my sleep now

2. Hubby let me knit in bed Sunday morning while he played Jewel Quest on my DS.

3. And Theresa's lovely explanation of cabling without a cable needle. Best one I've seen yet.

2 comments:

Jamie/Moira said...

Very Nice!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.