Friday, May 4, 2007

And so it begins


Well here goes nothing.

First blog post ever. Thought I'd show all y'all something I enjoy.

That would be knitting.

Something else I happen to enjoy are babies, even though I don't have any, so knitting helps to combine the two.

Lots of people in my department are expecting little two legged munchkins in the VERY near future, so I am learning to knit socks by knitting oodles of baby booties.

That is Cat Bordhi's "Baby Life Ring Socks" pattern in Cascade Fixations in Green Apple (not at all impressed with that yarn). I left off a couple of the life rings. Current pair is being worked up in Koigu (man I LOVE that stuff) and I am enjoying it much more than the first pair.

Currently attempting a baby sweater, but I am TOTALLY hating the yarn I chose, so we will see how it turns out.

I actually have my first pair of socks on the needles using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Jungle Stripe. Doesn't come much better than lime green and purple.

No comments: