Friday, November 14, 2008

When the Light at the End of the Tunnel...

.. is really the nonstop Express Train.

Monday I went back to the audiologist to order my new hearing aid. Oticon Epoq XW in Purple with a black Streamer and Orange Skin.

She checks my ear before putting in the goop for the impression and notices a block. Yep, disguta-Jenn has a complete blocked ear canal. That has never happened before.

So I make an appointment to get it cleared out. I ask her if that could have affected my speech recognition scores and she said maybe and that we will retest.

That was this morning. The block is gone. The hearing aid is ordered. My speech recognition scores did not improve at all. And we did it twice with different words.

Still 40%. Still a 22% drop in two years. Still no way to get it back. Still very sad about it.

4 comments:

She Knits Socks said...

I'm sorry you didn't test out any better this time. This was just to let you know that you are not boring me at all. Have a good Thanksgiving.

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry about your hearing loss. I hope the new hearing aid helps. I can't imagine how difficult that must be to deal with. {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

I wish I had something better to say than I'm sorry. But there isn't. It sucks and it's not fair. And I'm really sorry. :-/

Anonymous said...

Crud. I had my hopes up reading about the blockage. I'm sorry!